Institute of American Cultures (IAC) Predoctoral Fellowship and Grants
The UCLA Institute of American Cultures (IAC) fellowships are awarded to current UCLA graduate students and predoctoral candidates with demonstrated interest in ethnic studies to aid in the completion of a thesis or dissertation. Terms of awarded fellowships may range from 1 to 3 quarters, and cover in-state tuition and fees plus a stipend of $6,000-$7,400 per quarter. The acceptance of a fellowship includes a commitment to contributing to the activities of the sponsoring Ethnic Studies Research Center. The Bunche Center for African American Studies will be awarding a 2020-2021 Graduate/Predoctoral Fellowship.
- Open to current UCLA graduate students and predoctoral candidates
- Demonstrated interest in African American, American Indian, Asian American, or Chicana/o studies
- Fellowship in African American studies open only to doctoral students who will have advanced to candidacy by the beginning of the fellowship year.
- Restrictions apply regarding acceptance of supplemental employment and/or other awards during the fellowship year.
The UCLA Institute of American Cultures (IAC) invites applications for support of research on African Americans, American Indians, Asian Americans, and Chicanas/os for 2020-2021. The Institute also invites proposals on interethnic relations that will increase collaboration between the Centers and/or between the Centers and other campus units.
- UCLA faculty, staff, graduate students, and IAC visiting scholars.
- Reimbursement basis only.
- Funds for purchase of permanent equipment provided only under exceptional circumstances.
- Conference travel, whether for presenting or attending, is not reimbursable.
- Grant Period: July 1, 2020 through May 31, 2021. Applications available October 15, 2019 and must be received by 11:59 p.m., March 1, 2020. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed. Applicants will be notified in May.
- Prior to submission of the application, applicants should briefly discuss their proposal with the Coordinator of the appropriate Center, or in the case of interethnic proposals, with each applicable Center.
- All grant recipients, where appropriate, must comply with UCLA’s Protection of Human Subjects in Research before receiving funding.
- If you have been awarded this grant for the last two academic year (2018-19 and 2019-20), you are not eligible to apply for a 2020-21 grant.
To Apply: Application available online at https://sa.ucla.edu/IAC/ResearchGrant